Meiosis & Sexual Life Cycles
- What is meiosis and what is the purpose of meiotic cell
Which cell types undergo meiotic cell division?
- What is the difference between sexual and asexual
- Describe the sexual life cycle of an animal. What
is a gamete?
Where are they produced? Why does the ploidy of gametes differ
that of the sex cells from which they are derived?
- Define the following terms: haploid, diploid,
sister chromatids, zygote.
- Name and describe the series of events that occur during each of
of meiotic cell division.
- Compare and contrast them to the stages of mitosis.
- What occurs during synapsis and crossing over?
- What happens to the alleles on each chromosome during crossing
- How does crossing over help maintain variation?
- How does evolutionary adaptation depend on a population's