1. Describe how the following key vegetative adaptations enabled higher plants (angiosperms) to live in a terrestrial environment?
5. Describe the structure and function of plant stems. What is the node, what is the internode?
6. Describe the structure and function of plant leaves.
7. What is indeterminate growth? How do indeterminate growth patterns permit a plant to adapt to changes in environmental conditions?
8. What are meristems?
9. Where in the plant are meristems located? How do meristems control the pattern of plant growth?
10. What is the functional difference between apical meristem, axillary meristem, and lateral meristem?
11. What is primary growth? Describe the three stages of primary growth .
12. What is secondary growth? What is the function of the vascular cambium? What is the function of the cork cambium?
13. Do monocots undergo secondary
growth? Why, or why not?