1. How do pressure potential and solute potential contribute to water potential, and how do they affect water transport in plants?
2. What is the difference between osmosis and bulk flow?
3. What are the differences between cells that are flaccid, turgid, and plasmolyzed?
4. How do plant root cells acquire nutrients from the surrounding soil?
5. Describe the two pathways of water and nutrients (symplast and apoplast) as they travel across the root cortex.
6. What is the function of the Casparian strip in the endodermis?
7. Discuss the movement of water through the xylem of plants
9. What mechanisms and conditions control the opening and closing of the stomata?
10. What is meant by the "photosynthesis/transpiration compromise"?
11. Explain the source-sink model of phloem transport.
12. Compare and contrast the
models of xylem and phloem sap