1. Review the concept of alternation of generations. In angiosperms, what is the sporophyte, and what is the gametophyte?
2. What is the function of the flower?
3. Sketch and label the main parts
of an idealized
Include the receptacle,
sepals, petals, stamens, carpel, ovary, and ovule.
4. Where in the flower do the microspores develop? What happens to the microspores?
5. What is pollen?
6. Where in the flower do the megaspores develop? What happens to the megaspores?
7. What is the difference between pollination and fertilization?
8. What occurs during double fertilization?
9. What is the endosperm? What happens to the endosperm during the development of the embryo?
10. What structure develops into the seed coat?
11. What structure develops into the fruit? What is the function of the fruit? What accessory structures can contribute to the fruit?
14. Define seed dormancy. What processes contribute to the breaking of dormancy?
15. Describe some natural
forms of asexual reproduction in
What characteristics of plant cells make vegetative reproduction
possible? How is vegetative reproduction used in
What are the benefits and risks of producing and using monocultures?