- What is asexual reproduction? Describe some of the
of asexual reproduction. Many animals reproduce both sexually and
asexually. What are the advantages of each?
- Why is hermaphroditism more common in sessile organisms
are sessile too)?
- Compare simultaneous to sequential hermaphroditism?
- Familiarize yourself with the general anatomy of the male and
reproductive systems and human sexual physiology. (Please
your study of this material to what is IN THE TEXT!)
- Compare and contrast oogenesis and spermatogenesis.
- What is the function of testosterone in human male
and sexual development?
- What are the differences between estrous and menstrual
- Describe the endocrine regulation of the menstrual cycle.
participate in this cycle and how do they regulate the formation and
of the endometrium?
- Describe the endocrine regulation of the ovarian cycle.
hormones participate in this cycle and how do they regulate the
of the follicle, corpus luteum, and ovulation?
How are the menstrual cycle and the ovarian cycle synchronized?
explanation should describe how the endocrine system synchronizes these
- Describe how the endocrine system prevents the flow phase of the
cycle during pregnancy?
- What is "the birth control pill"? How does it act to
- Describe the other forms of contraception besides the pill.
they act to prevent/ terminate pregnancy? Which of these
methods is most reliable? Which is least reliable? Which of
the methods act to terminate pregnancy after fertilization has taken